Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'm On The Pavement, Thinkin 'Bout The Government

So...

It has come out today, or maybe last night, that the British Government has lost data concerning millions of families claiming child support; or benefit; or whatever the term is. So somebody, somewhere could be in possession of names, addresses and bank details of these folks. Bank details... score.

While this is undoubtedly a disaster for all concerned, what made me laugh this morning was an interview with one such affected person. She said what she found most incredible was that the Government could have lost the info.

The Government!

How could the high powered organisation that is the British Government ever misplace incredibly sensitive data, in an act of sheer, crass stupidity?

Say it ain't so, Joe!

The financial security of millions of people is jeopardised. Government response: "Sorry! We fucked up!"

Anyone lose their job? Watch this space...

I'm not sure whether I think that it is sweet, that someone still has faith in Government, or unbelievable that such naivete still exists.

I know, I know: cynic...

No comments: