Wednesday, November 07, 2007

How To Be Dead

I am particularly melancholic right now. A hard weekend, another week going by without a 'new me'. And now I'm watching a film with Sean Connery in it, wherein he seems to have been cast 20 years too old...

I need a drink. I think I'm out of scotch...

I had a hellish weekend. I composed several posts in my head during the course of it, all of which have flown by-the-by. Maybe a Dictaphone..?

Of the people I work with...
They are, by and large, a sterling bunch. 3 of my peers I am particularly fond of, and will be sad to lose them at the great rotation in May. Or maybe it's August... I forget. One, however, is increasingly showing their true colours as a bandit practitioner. The shady instances just keep mounting, and mounting.

I suspect the bosses know. I'm just not sure what we / they can do about it. I guess we all just work a bit harder? I think this particular colleague is moving on; and their human rights being as they are, I'm not sure we can tell anyone what a bandit they are, without being accused of prejudice, or bias, or something.

I always figured if you were shit, you were shit, and the sooner someone told you, the better? Not any more... it's always someone else's fault you weren't quite good enough.

No comments: