Thursday, November 30, 2006

Letting my freak flag fly

I'm in a good mood today. The day began well, with gossip concerning one of my SHOs. The nurses were eager to tell me he had been rechristened 'Dr Love'. It appears that overnight he'd had trouble discharging a young woman with a persistent tachycardia. What took a while to sink in was that this lasses heart rate only speeded up whenever he entered the room... She complained that it was unfair getting the "fittest doctor in the department" to examine her when she hadn't even had her bikini line done! The Shroom is sorry to report he's never had enough pulling power to flip the ladies into SVT...

Next: my assessment with the bosses. This went pleasingly well, and has left me with written evidence that I "ooze confidence". This will undoubtedly make me even more big headed than I already am; fortunately the nursing staff were on hand to remind me that that's not all I ooze.

Lastly, and perhaps most randomly, a girl I barely know has agreed, on principle to marry me. Matron is worried that the lady in question will end up on the shelf; as for me, I think she's just worried. Anyway, just as I was on my way out the door, Matron pipes up - "she'll marry you if you ask her". Nice. Acceptance of a proposal I didn't make, by a girl who doesn't really know me... I've decided to take it as a compliment.

The department was fairly quiet today, in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

CanuckRN said...

Just stumbled onto your blog, read a few posts and really enjoyed them, I will be back to read more.