Thursday, January 17, 2008

What If You Knew Her, And Found Her Dead On The Ground...

**Tumbleweed**

Off work at the moment, which should enable me to fill this with exciting tales of my glamourous life.

No such luck. I've spent the time so far revising for a (mock) exam, which I had yesterday; it passed off without incident, which was nice.

So... no news. With ref to my previous post, and regarding the 'Name That Disease' puff piece, I was initially put out not to score full marks. I only got one wrong, and that was an ambiguous q about male STDs (humph...); however, full marks accords you 'Doogie Howser' status. (feel free to deploy Google at this point...)

Whilst I can't really be arsed to enter a long discussion about how wrong I think it is to pop Doogie at the head of the table, it plainly is. So, I'm happy being HawkEye.

In defiance of my friend and colleague, The CherryPicker, I continue to promote musical "flannel". I have recently encountered The Rolling River Band. Can't hardly recommend them enough. Elements of Dylan, Young, Springsteen, Cohen and Waits. Maybe. Anyway, they sound grand. If your feeling a bit folky, also seek out King Creosote. I dare you...

Get involved, get amongst it, it's all happening....

No comments: