Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Scientist

I'm back to struggling to find stuff to write again. I have been tagged by my Angel of the North in a meme - a word the origin of which I still don't understand - and I promise I'll get to it; I just haven't had time to compose yet. Actually, ironically, it's one I've already answered... so I'll have to try and find different answers...

Back on days today, then off for a while. Feels like I need it. Weekend nights passed in a blur. A few oddments. A young guy pitched up with a 12 hour history of right sided weakness. 12 hours.
I mean come on... I can understand waiting a few hours to see if your cough gets better - but when half your body stops working... I would generally advocate seeking urgent medical attention.

This weekends theme seemed to be waiting for shift change to present in extremis. So several hours of inertia would be punctured at half seven by the arrival of one, or more, sickies.

Of these, the most hair raising was a three week old baby. More later, I guess...

3 comments:

Chrysalis said...

Well, seeing as how you've already done that one- I won't hold you too it.;) I'll be back to check in on you.

Anonymous said...

You did well for NaBoWriMo, always good to take a rest from writing till creative juices start flowing again.

Nurse Sandra May said...

Enjoy your days off when they come. This is what I was saying the other day about what is an "accident" and "emergency". SOme people just don't get it!

Cor, I haven't done a meme for ages- since near the rebirth of my blog i think!