Wednesday, June 03, 2009

In The Presence Of Greatness

I have just met Superman.

Or at least someone claiming to be him; I was having an innocent conversation with Hozza outside Resus, and he appeared, a propos of nothing, in a cloud of ethanolic miasma.

Reflecting, his smell may have arrived before him. His opening gambit was to tell me about his X-ray levels, and how high they were; maybe this passes for a chat up line in Superland. He then asked for more. I'm not sure why you'd need, or want a top up, but maybe they keep him going.

When I suggested this might not be a good idea, he let slip his secret, introducing himself as Superman. I have to say, ol' Supe has let himself go a bit, and turned to the fucked side a little... he initially found my confusion hilarious, then, inevitably, offensive; he was on his way to explaining how he might have to kill me, when he was distracted by the good Dr Jackets, who placated him by offering him a chair.

I can't help but feel I should have asked for an autograph...

No comments: