Monday, June 29, 2009

Couldn't Think Of A Clever Title

I ought to spend more time keeping up with literature than I do; at least if I was going to waste my time, I ought to do it reading around medical stuff. Or, I could just get a life, I suppose.

Anyway, the point of all this drivel is that among my MedBlogging colleagues there has been some warring of words. Point and Counterpoint. I sometimes wish my blogging would generate some outrage. However, I just don't think I'm literate enough, or, more importantly, have a big enough readership.

I'm not sure if these little spats have always been there, but they seem more prevalent to me; maybe it's the weather?

Controversy, per se, has always been rife in medicine, and you might say it brings progress, or at least holds hands with progress.

Anyway: here's a nice summary of the latest outbreak.

I would also commend you to both the blogs concerned. Nurse K is worth a read, as, I think, is Happy. Nurse K and Scalpel have been sparring a little, too. Do the decent thing. Read and think about it.

Strong opinions will always provoke strong reactions; that doesn't make them any less valid. For what it's worth, I'd be happy for any of these practitioners to look after me in my time of need. Tho given there all from America, I might not be able to afford it.

Cheers

No comments: