Sunday, December 07, 2008

Ghosts

Do we believe?

I don't know; hospitals are surely the site of more strong emotions than most, so should be primed for supernatural activity. I worked in a hospital years ago that was reputed to be haunted; talk was of strange occurrances, and odd sitings on the first floor. This was the da case floor, and usually occupied at night only by the Resident Medical Officer.

Which, for a year, was me.

I never quite saw anything, though on one night a few lights and a t.v. may have switched themselves on in a room a few doors down. Or, the other staff may have been yanking my ding-a-ling.

Who knows?

Shroom's jury is still out, but the other night, while decamping from my car in anticipation of another happy night shift, I was sure I saw someone lurking in the car park, just out of the corner of my eye. On glancing round, there was, of course, no-one there. I'm sure it was but a trick of the light, reflecting on my glasses.

But, try as I might, I could not repeat the feat.

Until I stopped trying.

Twice more I 'saw' him, and each time, he seemed a little closer to me.

A trick of the light, I'm sure.

Nonetheless, I walked in a little quicker than usual that night.

No comments: