Saturday, September 01, 2007

Feathers Stevens, Big Beak O'Reilly, and Jimmy the Penguin

Still finding it hard to write.

This morning I can smell blood, sweat and tears; remnants of quiet horror seem to have invaded my nasal passages.

How's that for melodrama? or histrionics? I'm pretty sure there's a word for it...

I've been at Big Hospital for 4 months now. I'm kinda settled in. Always takes me a while, whenever I move. This feels longer than usual. Give it another two? I dunno... I've no choice either way.

Big Hospital is a grand hospital, but I have felt less part of a team, of a family than in previous departments. Sometimes I feel less valued, and less worthwhile. Unfortunately, we both think we're cleverer than we are. I guess I've reached a stage in my training where I feel I can, and should be allowed to do things my way. It's not like that anymore, and I'm sure that's for the best, even if I can't see it sometimes.

I guess the next stage of my development is to learn how to be a team player again. especially as I seem to think I don't have to.

Jimmy? Oh, you're a penguin... so, fuck it.

No comments: